Friday, October 30, 2009

Costumes and Craziness

(This costume was AMAZING...a handmade Pepsi can!)

Today was a crazy day at school with all of the costumes and candy, but I loved every minute of it. To top it off we had the Mega Party for the Magazine Drive and the Halloween Dance after school on our schedule. Last night I came up with several last minute costume ideas, but of course did not have the time or energy to put them together so I ran out to Kmart at the last minute and bought some butterfly wings and antennae. They ended up being perfect for the day because I could take them off when I got tired of them and I didn't have to put on lots of ugly make-up:)


Here are some pictures of my "Adventures with Harriet the Hornet." I'm putting together a slideshow of Harriet's month in the 6th grade wing to share at the next faculty meeting, and I'm definitely having WAY too much fun with my project! Harriet has already been captured on the phone, behind the wheel, checking her bee mail, writing discipline referrals, etc. I'll be sure to post the final product!

(Butterfly meets Hornet)

(Butterfly and Ladybug)(Casey, our 8th grade physical science teacher)

(Susan, our librarian, as "pigs in a blanket")

1 comment:

Becky said...

My, my but you make a beautiful butterfly!!