Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Wish I had better news...

Carol called last night, but we missed her call because we were already asleep. The doctor came in late with the pathology results and found cancer in Bill's prostate and three lymph nodes. I'm not sure how many lymph nodes were initially removed, but this is not a good sign. Thankfully, the prostate and lymph nodes were removed, but at the same time we do not have a prognosis and Bill can not start treatment until his body heals. I think the oncologist may be in today to discuss the proposed treatment with Carol.

The healing process is going much slower than the doctor would like to see. We are on day 9 in the hospital and still no food or water. They inserted a feeding tube through Bill's nose yesterday to test his digestive tract and to spare his veins that have been taking a beating. They tested his digestive tract by having him take a sip of water, and unfortunately the water came right back up and out the tube.

Please continue sending your prayers and thoughts to Bill and his family. At this point the news coupled with all of the waiting is really taking a toll on everyone. Thanks for your continued support. I know Rich and Carol greatly appreciate it. I'll post an update once I hear more....

3 comments:

Megs said...

I am sorry, I am sending many, many thoughts and prayers your way...

Becky said...

My heart and prayers go out to you and Rich and to the rest of Bill's family. Keep the faith.

Amy said...

Dana..I am sorry to hear about your news. We will continue to think about you and your family during this time.