Monday, November 23, 2009

Spike and The Blind Side

This weekend we were able to enjoy our time with Hailey, but also get in some quality time as a couple. When is the last time that has happened??? Saturday afternoon we visited the Critzer's so that Landon and Hailey could have a play date. After getting over her initial fear, Hailey loved Landon's new toy, Spike the dinosaur. If you haven't seen Spike in action, you have to check out his display in Target or Toys R Us. Once we got home Hailey was able to play with her little dinosaur that she used to be scared of because he is "Spike's baby":)

Sunday morning Rich and I took Hailey to Cracker Barrel for breakfast, but ended up eating lunch. I thought Hailey liked carrots, but apparently that has changed as she spit them out on her plate. Good thing I ordered carrots as well and had two bowls to eat! Julie picked Hailey up early on Sunday so that we could have the afternoon to spend together. We went to Harrisonburg and watched The Blind Side, which I highly recommend. It's the best movie that I've seen in quite a while and had some of my favorite elements; Tim McGraw, football, and Sandra Bullock. I loved the fact that my mom said she could see me doing something like Sandra Bullock did, and my dad replied with she already has...too funny. It was nice to have some time to ourselves for the first time in quite a while. I'm looking forward to Wednesday when we are both off of work and can get some things accomplished around the house.

On another note, Mike moved out of our house over the weekend. We have not spoken to him, nor did he tell us he was moving out, but as long as I can let go of worrying about him and Jack it'll end up being a good thing. I feel like I can finally convert his room back into an office/guest room and make Hailey's room just for her. I'm hoping on Wednesday I can get moving on these projects. Jerry is also on his way out, but will not answer phone calls either. His stuff is packed up in the middle of the basement, but he won't show his face while we are home. I think that Rich is changing the locks this afternoon. It would just be nice for him to show some appreciation for all that we have done for him, and Mike too for that matter. However, what we need to keep in mind is that their actions are just displaced anger over the whole situation and this too shall pass.

I'm thankful that:
  • our home is getting very close to being just that, "ours" again.
  • I have a few days off of work to relax, enjoy my family and eat!
  • I will be able to get rid of some clutter and do some creative redecorating this week.

2 comments:

Amy said...

CHANGE THE LOCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PUT HIS STUFF OUT ON THE STREET! I AM TERRIBLE, I KNOW, BUT I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY AREN'T MORE APPRECIATIVE OF YOU AND RICH'S HOSPITALITY AND TOLERANCE!

Amy said...

Also, to add a friendly comment. I also want to see The Blind Side. As we have talked about, I now have a crush on Tim McGraw (which according to you is long overdue, apparently!) and I love a good football movie!