Our journey raising teenage foster children and our toddler niece, fighting infertility, hitting the gym hard, and bleeding purple and gold....
Wednesday, July 7, 2010
The Smell of Rain
Rain, on a hot day, when you can smell the moisture, asphalt, and freshness all wrapped in one, might be my favorite smell other than babies straight out the bathtub. I've missed this smell over the last two weeks. Has it been that long or longer? However, I've been trying to look on the bright side of all of these hazy, hot, and humid days. The last few days I walked the dogs at 6:30 am and 8:30 pm to avoid the heat. This also happens to be the time that those with green grass, not us, water their lawns. For whatever reason, whether it is the heat or humidity, each time I walk by the sprinklers I get a whiff of falling rain, not sprinkler water. With little to be excited about in this heat, this is one thing that I am thankful for!
Labels:
Summer
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment