The last two weeks have been the hottest temperatures in June that I can remember. We've hit several 95 degree plus days. This is also the time that I have been the busiest with work. The mornings I've had to beg to get the AC going at school and in the afternoons I've been at PVCC when they conveniently decided to upgrade their HVAC system, so no AC there. I don't know which is worse; being in the building without a breeze and sweating myself to death or lugging a backpack, snacks, camera and 16 kids around on fieldtrips to Monticello and beyond. Just in case you were wondering, no the buses don't have AC and yes we are out in the blazing sun and humidity for four hours at a time. I don't remember the last time I had a constant sweat drip from my chest to my belly, or maybe I can if summer soccer camps count.
To add to my love of this heat, last night I woke up sweating and checked the thermostat. Yep, 76 degrees in the house at 2:00 am. I usually keep it set at 72 degrees, otherwise I can't sleep. So, I woke Rich up the morning so he could try to work on it the AC unit before class, but it looks like the issue is with the compressor. He is calling people as I type to try to get someone out here tomorrow. I'm off to sprawl out on the floor under the fan with the dogs because it is 86 degrees in here now!!
1 comment:
so sorry...you know our door is always open if you guys need anything. :-(
Post a Comment