is tomorrow! I'm not overly excited right now because I will continue to work most of the summer and it doesn't quite feel like the year is over yet. I have been running around like crazy trying to get my grades in, plan a breakfast and awards ceremony for the 6th grade, and help everyone under the sun export their grades.
I will be teaching summer school starting on the 21st and leading two camps (health sciences & robotics) at PVCC in the afternoons. I was also asked back at the UVA camp this year and will be doing my fair share of tutoring.
Last Friday, we took 265 6th graders to Lake Monacan at the base of Wintergreen. Leslie and I planned the entire trip, which is a logistical nightmare, but thankfully all of the kids behaved and had a great time. Each year that we are there we have access to mountain bikes, canoes, paddleboats, a gigantic floating trampoline, sand volleyball and a snack bar. I'm a fan of this trip in particular because the kids are not allowed to bring any electronic devices and they have to entertain themselves with some exercise. Not one of them complained about missing their iPod either! I got roped into going on the bike trail two times in a row because the kids need a teacher to accompany them and only a few teachers actually want to ride the bikes. I thought my quads were going to fall off by the time my shaky legs were done!
No comments:
Post a Comment