Monday, January 25, 2010

Hi Ya! and Snakes

I meant to post these pictures a couple of weeks ago, but here they are anyway. After getting out of the bath tub or "tub bub" as she likes to call it, Hailey typically goes on a five minute "naked baby" run around the house before getting dressed on our bed. This night in particular she was delirious because she was so tired. You know, the kind of tired when all you do is laugh and fight off the sleepiness. I knew she was going to zonk out any minute so I let her wear herself out by fighting the pajamas, etc.

The next thing I heard was "Hi Ya!", followed by multiple "Hi Ya's!". Apparently she had learned karate from one of her cousins because she was on the bed posing in the mirror while completing her surprising accurate karate moves! She was cracking herself up watching herself in the mirror while yelling "Hi Ya!". I couldn't help but laugh out loud either!

Sorry for the poor lighting, but I didn't want the flash to distract Miss Karate Kid herself.

("Hiiii Yaaaa")

(Got 'em!)

This weekend we were able to get a little more cleaning done and got Hailey back for the weekend. Of course she wanted to go see Landon as soon as she got here, so we ventured over to Shaun and Jennie's on Saturday. Her latest words of the week are "cute", yep that's the nice one, and "dork", wonder where she heard that? Anyhow, as we were driving to Shaun and Jennie's house all we heard was a song about "Landon's house, Landon's house, robots, dinosaurs..." Then while stopped at a light out of no where we heard our darling in the back seat say, "Landon is cuuute!" HA. It was hilarious. I really think that she loves him more than anyone else these days!

Landon may beg to differ in regards to his feelings. Miss Bossy Pants told him what to do the entire time we were there. "Where's Landon at?", "Go get him!", "Landon come HERE!", "Sit here!" She was non-stop trying to get Landon to play what she wanted, when she wanted:) Poor guy kept looking at his mom like give me a break from this crazy girl!

Here she is playing with lots of wind up toys that she got out while destroying the rest of the house:) She loved the snakes, but thought the catepillar was "eww gross"!

(Showing off.)

(Snakes!)

(Nope, not gonna smile for Jennie.)

(Enough already!)

(Ha! Jennie got you when you least expected it!)

On a side note, Hailey learned how to use the Wii this weekend. No surprise here, she loved the boxing game and knocked out some of her opponents. I heard a "hi ya" here and there, but even more of the "I punch him". I guess we really do need to sign her up for some karate classes!

3 comments:

Becky said...

Ha, I love the pics of the "karate kid"...what a hoot!!! May her "love life" blossom...poor Landon, I bet he was worn out!!

jennie said...

LOVE IT. I think Landon has a crush on Hay Hay...he clams up around her and talks about her when she's not around. Heck, she came actually get him to do things...he just tells us, "no, i told you..." whatever that means :-) She's a doll and one lucky girl to have you guys!

jennie said...

you should teach her to say ka-ra-tay like sandy and spongebob!