Okay, here are some before and after pictures, but keep in mind the "after" shots are of a room that is not quite finished. There is nothing hanging on the walls yet and that's the part that I am most excited about. Jennie and I did lots of brainstorming over the weekend and after making a trip or two to Michael's later in the week hopefully I'll have the supplies I need to do the artwork for her room. Maybe I'll have more pictures in a couple weeks.
My original plan for Hailey's new room was to have a neutral room that would be okay with the original blue carpet. I wanted something classy and not overbearing or "kid themed", but sometimes I feel like the room is boring because of the lack of color. I know once I get the artwork complete and possibly put down an area rug it will make a huge impact, but feel free to throw any other suggestions my way!

(The horrible golfer wallpaper and 9 foot ceilings.)

(The nightmare continues...)

(Can you say sick? The top half is a shot after the Rug Doctor took a swipe.)

(Voila!...The crib converted to a toddler bed.)

(Hailey's first reaction when she discovered her new room was "MY BED, MY KITCHEN, MY TOYS, MY CURTAINS, MY DINOSAUR..." You get the picture.)

(Someone else found a home when I wasn't looking!)

(The other corner of the room.)

(Hailey saying "Cheese!")

(A look at the fun curtains...)

(Hailey playing in her new space.)
On another note, all toys have been organized and placed in bins or buckets in her closet. So far the system is working well and all toys are put away before she hits the sack. I'll post a picture of the closet once I print the labels for her bins and pictures of the rest of the room once the artwork is complete.
2 comments:
I love the doggie sleeping in the bed, how freakin' cute!!! The room looks great, as well. You work quickly, damn!!!
Awesome job! I'm sure you all are thrilled as well as Hailey!!
Post a Comment