Each of the top 10 AI performers took the stage in order. The bottom five each sang 2 songs a piece and then the top five sang 3 songs each. I was amazed at the difference between the performances of the bottom 5 and top 5. The top five were amazing and entertaining, while the bottom five faltered a bit. Megan Joy Corkrey was by far the worst across the board--oufit, voice, entertainment. One of my favorite quotes of the night came from Tim as she came back out on stage before the top five sang, "She must come back out so people can piss before the real show starts!"
Kris did not let me down with his performance at the end. He sang "Heartless" which is what I was really hoping for and played the guitar and piano. Adam was loud, entertaining, and a little inappropriate for the teeny boppers. We're pretty sure Adam was the reason we had a 40-something creepy guy watching the concert by himself at the end of our row. Thank goodness Tim sat next to him because when I saw the binoculars come out I just about lost it. All in all, it was a great show, with Anoop, Danny, Matt, Alison, Adam and Kris as my favorites!
Saturday we slept in, ate a big breakfast, and then found a local park for some tennis. Megs brought four rackets so we were set. It's too bad that I have never been a tennis player, but the other three did pretty well out on the court. Much needed exercise was had by all and Rich and I were able to stretch our jacked up wrists out:)
After foregoing lunch, we went to see Funny People and ate lots of popcorn. The movie was not what I expected, but still pretty entertaining. The popcorn was just what I needed to hold me over before our big meal at Roy's.
Saturday evening, we drove about 30 minutes to Atlanta for our big dinner. Roy's was amazing as always! We were greeted with a Happy Anniversary note in our menus and lots of edaname instead of bread. We're pretty sure Rich ate at least 50 edaname beans, as the bowl was refilled 3 times! The Mai Tai's were excellent, but one was all I could handle.
Rich and I both got the macadamia nut encrusted mahi-mahi and the chocolate souffle. Megs got scallops and Tim got shrimp. Everything looked amazing and tasted even better. In addition to our chocolate souffle, the server brought out an anniverary key lime dessert which Megs and Tim had to eat for us...or should I say gladly ate for us?! The chocolate souffle is by far the best dessert I have ever had.
(Megs and Tim enjoying their dinner)
(Full and happy!)
We are looking forward to next July when we will visit another Roy's location for our anniversary. We are also looking forward to another trip to Georgia to visit the Thiel's and meet Bella. Even though it was a short vacation, we needed to get away and have fun with great friends!
2 comments:
Some of my comments:
1. Why doesn't Rich throw back some beers in MiRancho with Mark when we go? Scared?!
2. I am glad that Rich enjoyed the eda-whatevers as much as I enjoy Mi Rancho chips.
3. I love Tim's comment. I don't even know who you are talking about, but it is funny just the same!
It looks like you guys had a great time!
My husband is a bad influence!
Post a Comment