Sunday, August 16, 2009

Finally a good night's sleep....NEW furniture!

(No, the picture is not centered...it was before the new furniture)

Rich and I have never had an actual bed, other than a mattress on a metal frame, in the last seven years. We've been using my parent's original bedroom furniture, other than the bed which is a queen, for the past couple of years. Luckily, we won the drawing at Grand Home Furnishings and put the $1000 towards a new bedroom suite and a new mattress! Everything but the dresser was delivered on Friday. It is so exciting to have nice clean lines in our room now!

Rich probably doesn't look like the type of guy to be really in to room decor, but oh how he knows what he wants;) He picked out a new comforter set at Kohl's a few days ago and was chomping at the bit to put it on the bed! I have to admit that I really like the look because it is clean and calming. Nice job honey:)

We went with a Kings Down mattress that we were "fitted" for through a computer profiling system. The nice thing about this particular mattress is that it should never be flipped and has a 15 year warranty. Since our profiles were completely opposite, Rich needed a firm mattress while I needed a softer one, we were able to pick the "color" (firmness) for each side of the bed. So from now on, I'm a "green" and Rich is a "blue", both of which fall in the middle categories for firmness. I splurged for the foam pillow as well and it has seemed to help my neck pain and headaches so far.

3 comments:

jennie said...

okay, you need to send that picture of you and moo into Animal Plant or something. It is adorable :-)

Amy said...

damn, new bedding too?

oneof4dms said...

yeah, apparently my husband thinks we won the lottery!