I spent my last week of not working with Hailey here. It was great to have her, but exhausting at the same time because of everything else we were trying to accomplish around the house. We had a great time taking her with us everywhere and cooking dinner at home at a decent hour several nights. We finally broke down and purchased a car seat for her when I caught the last Marathon on clearance at Target a few weeks ago. She loves her "seat" and still tries to go into the garage to get into her seat.
I am amazed everyday at the vocabulary that this little girl has acquired. She talks nonstop and enunciates better than I do half the time! She is like a walking pack of flashcards pointing out everything that she sees. Some of her favorite sayings of the week are:
"Where is Sissy?"
"Where'd it go?"
"I'm gonna get you!"
"Thank you!"
I also wish I had a dollar for every time she screamed "RICH" or "NO" over the last week. Every time I got her out of her crib she'd ask me "Where's Rich?". Who cares that I am the one changing her diaper! One of the funniest things that she said numerous times over the last week is "GEERRRALD". She has gotten really used to Rich yelling "Gerald"instead of Jerry when he needs help with something and Hailey thinks it is hysterical to do the same.
Not being a mom myself, I am not up with all of the latest cartoons etc. But, I do have to say that finding the Sprout station was one of my highlights from the weekend. The shows aren't loud and annoying and are only 10 minutes or so in length, perfect for toddlers. Hailey's favorites were Caillou and Kipper.
We took a trip to Build a Bear, but didn't end up building a bear or any other animal. Hailey was more interested in giving the dogs a bath and trying to ride the unicorns and horses that were half her size!
No comments:
Post a Comment