Tuesday, August 17, 2010

First Day of School

This is how we feel about the first day of school around here! Hailey actually went with us to run through Jess and Evan's schedules on Monday. When I told her we were going to school, you'd think I told her we won the lottery. She took off for her room and emerged with her "pack pack" full of books and two hello kitties. Lucky for us, she wore the "pack pack" the entire time we were at the middle and high school.

I think I was more nervous about Jess and Evan's first day than they actually were. I was a busy bee getting everything together last night to be sure that things went smoothly today because I knew once this morning got here I would be trying to get myself ready for a day with the teachers. Rich waited with the kids at the bus stop this morning and met them there after school as well.

So far, things are going well. There were very few complaints over dinner this evening and from the looks of the writing on Jess's NEW jeans, she seems to have made a few friends. Evan did all of his homework, organized his binder, and Jess handed over the trillion papers that need to be signed and returned.

I, on the other hand, did not have a great start to the school year. My photography class was dropped due to the increase in enrollment, which I guess is better than having 35 students in a class, but still stinks. The new gradebook website that I am supposed to train the entire faculty on tomorrow is totally messed up, so I couldn't do anything to prepare today and approximately ten teachers stopped me in the hall to request substitutes in the coming weeks. Are you kidding me?? Can't wait to do it all again tomorrow!

No comments: