Friday, May 14, 2010

I Can Sleep in...

because I no longer have to teach my Sports Conditioning class three days a week before school starts. The end of this program that I started from the ground up in October is bittersweet. I will miss waking up early to exercise and hang out with a pretty cool group of kids, if I do say so myself. I don't think I've ever had such a following at school as I have had with this group. I might be nearly celebrity status, ha! Most of the kids have stuck with the program since October and several of them have made tremendous improvements in weight loss, overall athletic ability and coordination. They are already talking about what it will be like next year when they are back in the gym and that is what makes my heart smile:) I hope that PATSO has gotten the message (I think my kids' voices were heard loud and clear!) that these programs are really important to the kids so that they will continue to sponsor us next year. I almost forgot to mention, the last couple of weeks I've found a new favorite sport, Ultimate Frisbee. I'm not the best at it yet, but I'm getting there and there's no better place to learn than under the scrutiny of middle schoolers! Until next year, I will be either getting some extra sleep or hitting the gym in honor of my crew.

No comments: