Monday, April 12, 2010

President's List

Congratulations to Rich who made the President's List at BRCC for 3 semesters in a row! He still holds a 4.0! I took a half-day off to go with him to his reception and ceremony this afternoon, which short and sweet and very nice.

One of the reasons that Rich prefers BRCC over PVCC is that everything is much more accessible and the faculty and staff are extremely helpful and caring. We stayed after the ceremony so that Rich had a chance to talk to President Downey and let him know how much he appreciates the faculty at BRCC. When else do you get a chance to chat with the President uninterrupted for as long as you would like? I was impressed with the folks that I met as well. It's a shame that their program requires 8 more science credits than PVCC's program or else Rich would be graduating from BRCC this summer instead. I guess that's one of the advantages of being a larger school and having a broader curriculum, but it is still disappointing not to finish up at the school that he really feels a connection to.


Anyhow, Rich registered for 13 credits for the summer session and will be finished as of August 2nd!

No comments: