However, after everyone was showered and ready to pick up Grandma to get some lunch and go to the park, I left the garage door opened while loading up the car... BIG mistake with Jack around...he took off immediately like a bolt of lightning. Rich jumped in the car with Hailey, Mom took her car and I took off on foot to look for him. An hour later I finally caught up with him, but of course when I called him he ran circles around me. Luckily, a couple was outside with their kids and they grabbed him before he ran across 250! Jack wore himself out and we think he got into something that he shouldn't have because he was sick last night... Another reason why the invisible fence would be oh so nice to have!
By the time we had Jack back it was way past lunch time and I was soaked in sweat again! We decided to go ahead and go to Wright's Dairy Bar for lunch anyhow before any of us chewed our own arm off. Hailey had a good time chowing down on her chicken fingers, sweet potato fries and ice cream. I was still hungry after eating my grilled chicken sandwich, fries, and milkshake...guess I burned off way too many calories for one day.
Finally, we made it to Gypsy Hill Park to feed the ducks before heading back home. Hailey loved trying to get the ducks to come up to her by saying, "Here ducky, ducky." We weren't in the car two minutes before she was sound asleep on the way home after a long day.
No comments:
Post a Comment