Monday, February 8, 2010

Beautiful Morning

Rich woke me up early this morning to take some pictures of the fog that was lifting off of the lake and creek that runs behind our house. It's a shame that I couldn't open the back door because of the snow or else I'd have even better pictures. These aren't too shabby given the circumstances. I was not about to go walking through 30 inches of snow at 7:00 am to get a better shot!

(Yep, those are the Blue Ridge Mountains.)

The sky has been absolutely beautiful the last couple of days. I think that's why I love the pictures that I took of Hailey in the snow...there is such a contrast between the bright white snow and the blue sky. The same is true in these pictures with great shadows and light.


With another 6-12 inches of snow expected tomorrow I hope to get out and take some more pictures. I'm not sure we'll ever go back to school at this rate!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Wow, these pics are awesome Dana...ever entertained the idea of becoming a professional photographer?... or maybe in addition to your many side jobs?! I can see some of these framed now...bet they'd sell too! Ok,now will you stop with the "great" word? ha,ha