Friday, September 11, 2009

Work, work, work

I didn't leave work until almost 7:00 this evening because we had our yearly 6th grade social for the students. This is their first look at what middle school dances are like with a few more fun activities including face painting, limbo, and learning the electric slide. Since I am the Team Leader for 6th grade I had my fair share of running around today trying to make sure everything was ready to go at 4:00.

Maybe this was just preparation for the beginning of the end. Monday I begin my Sports Conditioning class which will be three days a week an hour before school starts, as well as After Study which is Monday through Thursday after school. I have three students who are also trying to fit into my schedule for tutoring and might actually want to be tutored in the morning. This means I may have to be at school EARLY. We'll see what happens, but next week will surely be a shock to my system.

Happy Birthday to Rich who turns 28 tomorrow! Wow, that makes me feel old! Not sure what we are going to do to celebrate, but I'm sure it'll include housework, studying, and laundry:) I did surprise him last night with a homemade cherry pie from Mrs. Rowe's. I'm doubtful there will be any left for him tomorrow. Pies do not last long in this house!


Congratulations to Amy and Mark who welcomed a baby girl on Thursday! Jack will be a wonderful big brother and will no doubt protect his little sister. I can't wait to meet the new little one sometime this weekend!

No comments: