Friday, October 31, 2008

"Lil D" and "Big Rich"

Thug-a-licious.....

(gotta love the tattoos)

Today is one of the most fun days to spend with middle school students (although this ultimately depends on your definition of fun). I enjoy all of it-from the decorations and scary stories that my 8th grade design class made to the wild costumes and overwhelming noise in the hallways . If we could harness some of the energy from these kids I think we could solve the energy crisis.


This year was even more fun than usual because Rich subbed for the teacher right next door to my room. I usually dress up as a cute ladybug and call it a day, but at 10:00 last night I decided that we both needed a costume and fast. We were able to easily find some "gangsta" wear between Mike and Rich's closets. We made a last minute run to Walmart for some additional bling and tattoos. We went to school as "Lil D" and "Big Rich". The kids went nuts when we came down the hallway "holla-ing" and throwing out handshakes. Now I understand why real "gangstas" have a swagger...it's the only way I could keep my pants up!


Leslie went as a "little white lie"...very appropriate for school! Thank goodness there are a few of us who are willing to have fun with the kids. Today was also an activity period day, so I hosted a halloween cookie decorating activity along with Scooby Doo's Halloween on the big screen. I would love to post pics of the kids and their costumes, but I don't want any lawsuits.

I hope that baby Ben Tillar is enjoying his first Halloween as a two day old! He was born on the 29th, so the lucky boy will not be forgotten among all of the other birthdays on that date. Tank and the girls had a little birthday party on Wednesday, but I was busy with my third job of tutoring and missed it! I am now going straight from After Study to tutoring from 6:00-8:00 so I am one tired gangsta.
(Daddy and the girls)

Hailey went trick-or-treating with Ali, but they stopped by Grandma and Granddaddy's house for a quick visit. Anyone who knows Ali knows that she refuses to be "cute". She was a pretty funny devil running around showing off her tail! Hailey showed off her ever improving walking skills. She rubbed her black nose and whiskers off on Grandma's shirt, but amazingly left her cat ears alone. We hope that she had a good time with her sister and can't wait to see her again tomorrow!
(Hailey and Grandma)

(Hailey and Uncle Rich)

(Hailey and Aunt Dana)

(Hailey and Granddaddy)
(look at my teeth!)

(Who's got my tail?)


1 comment:

Amy said...

Oh my gosh!!! That Hailey is sooooo CUTE!!! I could eat her with a spoon!!!!