Thursday, September 23, 2010

Turkey Chili

(Homemade Turkey Chili)

I think I've had chili once in my life, but for some reason, maybe it is because of football season, I wanted to make my own. I'm a big fan of using the crock pot, especially with so many mouths to feed and the weather getting ready to change. So, Monday morning I got up even earlier than my usual 5:30 am wake-up call and got the chili going. I had already browned the ground turkey and baked corn bread Sunday night, so all I had to do is put the ingredients in and push "go"!

(Cornbread...YUMMM!)

Here's the recipe that I altered:
  • 2 lbs ground turkey
  • 2 cans of kidney beans
  • 1 can of pinto beans
  • 2 cans of diced tomatoes
  • 1 can of tomato sauce
  • 1 packet of Morton's chili spices for slow cooker
Brown the ground turkey and then combine all ingredients. Cook in crock pot on low for 8 hours. Enjoy!

No comments: