Sunday, September 12, 2010

Happy 29th Birthday, Rich!

Rich's brother, Ted, came in from El Paso to visit the family on a little better terms this time. If you think that Rich is loud and outspoken, he has nothing on Ted. These two were hilarious all weekend long. I don't think I've ever heard someone use as much foul language in one setting, but it was quite entertaining. Ted's favorite line of the weekend was, "I'm gonna punch you in the throat." Nice, huh? Hilarious.

We had everyone over today for a cookout to celebrate Rich's 29th birthday. I can't believe he's not 30 yet. I am feeling mighty old these days. Jessica likes to rub this in by taking a million pictures of me that are "good", not so much!

(Wet hair, straight out the shower, and the girl is already snapping away.)

Mimi and Dad talking about his recent trip to Petersburg to race the new Scion TC. Now that's a trip that I want to take! Dad placed fourth out of all of the groups..pretty darn good!

(Carol and her buddy, Jack.)

(Mimi took a seat on my lap.)

(Carrot cake for the birthday boy. Don't you like how he dressed up for the occasion?)

Beth just moved back to town from Topeka. She found a roommate who is a resident at UVA and has spent the last few days getting settled in to her new home. So far, things have been going smoothly for her and she is already working at a salon. Jess has to bring up her civics grade before Beth is allowed to give her a cut and red highlights. We'll see what happens in the next two weeks when report cards come home!

(The birthday boy opening his gifts and getting a kick out of Mimi's card.)

(Rich and his favorite little man.)

(Mom and Dad in a shot from above, Jessica's work once again.)

Next year will be a bigger celebration when Rich finally hits the big 3-0. :)

1 comment:

Megs said...

Happy Birthday Rich!