...PLEASE. This is my request and my prayer for the next couple of days. Why, you may ask? This is because I put my water bottle in my bag and ran out the door to get to school early for the first day of my sports conditioning class. Usually, no big deal. However, on Monday I had my Macbook in the bag as well. I ran into my room, put my bag down and then gathered up the kiddos to run outside. When we came back in about 20 minutes later I found my bag lying on its side with water pouring out. CRAP! I grabbed my Macbook and held it up for the kids to see. Water was pouring out of the keys, the CD drive and every other hole known to man. The kids freaked out more than I did, probably because I was in shock. I quickly put the Macbook on its side with paper towels under it, removed the battery, and tried to dry it off. Even the battery had water coming out of it! Agh.
The rest of the day I was paranoid about telling our IT guys and it wasn't until the afternoon that I realized all of my personal photos, thousands of them, are on this computer and have not been backed up on the external hard drive. Fabulous. The IT guys told me to let it finish drying and then try to turn it on in the afternoon. I did, and it didn't make a sound. I took the Macbook home and told Rich what happened. He just about lost it when I told him I tried to turn it on like the IT guy told me. Apparently, this can cause even more damage. So, for now the Macbook is sitting in the downstairs bathroom with a dehumidifier. We'll see what happens this afternoon. Rich seems to be hopeful that the hard drive will be okay and my pictures may be able to be saved, but I'm going to be praying with everything I've got until I know for sure. On a brighter note, I may get a new computer.
To add to my Monday debacle, I found a student's lunch box in the corner of my room leaking spoiled milk. Gross. I had to throw away the basket that it was sitting in because even it smelled disgusting. Hopefully today will prove to be better. I don't foresee many blog updates until I get a new Macbook. Joy, oh joy.
2 comments:
oh no!! Thinking of you ;)
Oh no, I am so sorry about the laptop. A few years ago I spilled a HUGE cup of lemonade all over my laptop and from that point forward I saved all my pics to Kodak Gallery. However - I am also dealing w/ a broken computer right now and I'm not sure how to save my itunes??!!!
Hopefully everything will be fine once your comp dries out a little!
Post a Comment