Since Rich went ahead and basically put it out there on Facebook, I guess I can go ahead and explain. We are in the process of attempting another IUI this month. I went back to Dr. B last month to discuss our options because sadly, we did not receive the grant that we were hoping for. Lucky for us, one of the office associates really, really likes us. She would have to like us to put up with Rich's jokes for four and a half years;) She was able to hook us up with some donated meds, which allowed us to do the same sort of treatment that worked in June of 2009.
The whole IUI process was up in the air at first because Dr. Bateman initially said that last year's pregnancy was probably our "long shot" chance. Way to be optimistic, right? However, he agreed to go ahead with treatment after getting back my lab results. My Day 1 FSH levels were 9.5 (should be less than 10) and estrogen was 112 (should be less than 90). He said we were close enough to the appropriate range to go for it, but that my ovarian reserve is still in question and still an issue. Add that to Rich's low count and we have a major obstacle in the way, but miracles do happen?
Here are the details: I finished all of my meds (letrozole and bravelle) last week and went in for an ultrasound on Tuesday which showed that we have three good follicles (we had 5 last year). We were supposed to do my HcG injection last night at 8:00 pm, however as Rich was drawing the medicine out of the ampule the plunger of the syringe fell out and all the medicine went all over the floor! I just about lost it, just kidding, I did lose it, because timing is everything. Of course being 8 pm there was no way to get more HcG. They don' t even carry it at CVS or local pharmacies. So, God bless Dr. B who answered my page at quarter to 9:00 and said we could either use 5,000 IU's of Rich's HcG (this is the drug he also takes every other day) or I could come in at 8:00 am and get the injection (10,000 IU's)at his office. We opted for going in this morning, although I was freaking out about the timing all night. For now, we are still on for an IUI tomorrow morning. Then the big two week wait is on. I hate having to wait and wait and wait for every step of this entire process, but hopefully this time it will be worth the wait.
Send up those prayers!
2 comments:
thinking of you ;)
Praying for you guys et bonne chance demain!!Miracles do happen...
Post a Comment