Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Thank goodness for health insurance!

Here's the latest....Maddie is doing okay, still all stitched up though. Rich has a broken bone in his hand that resulted from his accident. He is going in for surgery January 19th to repair the fracture with a screw. Hopefully he'll have better luck with the screw(s) than I had. I had the EMG testing and muscle testing done on Monday. The muscle testing involved sticking a one inch long needle in each arm several times while listening to muscle contractions. Apparently, there is a nerve issue that is causing my muscle fibers to contract even when they are "relaxed". So, Dr. Degnan did some testing of my neck and then sent me on to get x-rays. I go in for an MRI tomorrow to check for a herniated disc because the x-ray showed misalignment and degeneration. Thank goodness I have medical insurance and that I am carrying Rich or we would be up a creek!

No comments: