Monday I did After Study, tutored one student at the library from 6:00-7:00 and then tutored another family from 7:30-9:45. I didn't get home until 10:30...a 14 hour day! I didn't think it would be too bad because I had the next two days off. However, Tuesday was spent running from one doctor's appointment to another. I had to wake up at the crack of dawn to get my stitches out from a mole removal. The mole was precancerous and was sent off to AMC for a second opinion. I called today, but of course the results were not in yet.
After the dermatologist appointment, Rich and I went to Charlottesville to see Dr. Degnan about both of our wrists. Mine is still bothering me ALL of the time and Rich's wrist has only gotten worse since the motorcycle accident. Thankfully, he took my advice to see Dr. Degnan, the BEST orthopedist ever, because the doc quickly found an abnormality in the x-rays that no one else had found. Rich will be going in for an MRI next week, but all signs point to a torn ligament which will require surgery, a cast, and 12 weeks of recovery. Rich is more optimistic than I am, but I guess I have a reason not to be when it comes to wrist injuries! I will be going back in on the 16th for an EMG (nerve testing) and possible muscle testing. If you have horror stories about an EMG, please don't tell me. Dr. Degnan is personally performing mine because he knows that there are technicians out there that will make you jump out of your chair.
After all of that great news, we went to Dr. Stokes' office so that Rich could get his flu shot and get a referral to an endocrinologist on this side of the mountain. We're hoping that the right doctor can get his testosterone levels up to normal without taking Clomid. Since he's stopped the Clomid he has been extremely lethargic so we are betting that the hormones have dropped again. Of course, the next appointment available isn't until the end of January.
Finally we rushed back home to take Maddie to the vet. We were trying to let her ride out the runny eye, but when she started keeping it closed we decided that she'd better get it looked at. This is the second time that she's had some sort of eye issue after getting groomed. However, this time a quarter of her eye had a chemical burn! Poor thing! Apparently, it must have come from something that the groomer used, shampoo or perfume. I think it's time to try a new groomer!
My day "off" was more exhausting than being at school, especially after the night before. Wednesday didn't prove to be any better because I got stuck on 64 for an hour on the way to my vertical team meeting, got there and was bored to death all day, then tutored until 9:00 in Charlottesville. I've spent the last two days trying to catch up on all of my grading. It looks like the next couple of weeks will be super busy because I have yet another new student to tutor!
Tomorrow night Rich and I will attempt to be social and go to our work Christmas party. It's at the Walter's house so it's a quick drive and Rich now knows all of the faculty so he'll be chatting it up all evening.
No comments:
Post a Comment