Maddie had a difficult time with the cone that the vet put around her head after her surgery yesterday. We removed it last night, but had to keep an eye on her so that she would not scratch at her eye. The poor thing is missing her eyebrow (very important for a Schnauzer!), eyelashes, and has her eyelid stitched shut. I couldn't leave her at home today with the cone on because I didn't think that she would ever lay down and sleep, so I packed her up for a day with 6th graders. I was a little worried that she would bark or be too anxious, but she was a perfect pup. She visited the students at each table, slept in her bed behind my desk, and went for a short walk during recess. The kids were very understanding and were on their best behavior so that they wouldn't disturb her. It's too bad we can bring our dogs to work everyday!
On a side note, 250 Central, the coffee/sandwich shop that Mike works at is closing next Friday due to the current economic situation. We will miss the great sandwiches and rainforest coffee, and Mike will be looking for a new job. One of the largest employers in Waynesboro is laying off more than 500 workers, which is bad news for Rich and Mike who will be in competition with them for jobs that aren't out there to begin with.
No comments:
Post a Comment