Wednesday was the first day of the new school year and as usual I was up all night nervously awaiting the arrival of all the new kiddos. I still don't know why I get so worked up about it, but it happens every year. Once the kids get to school I am fine and on a roll. I guess it is just something that all teachers experience no matter how many years we've been teaching. Speaking of years teaching, this is the start of my 11th year. Wow. I'm a third of the way to retirement:)
Anyhow, my new students seem very sweet so far. Sure there is a honeymoon period, but I have a feeling I am going to really like this group. I can already tell that one of my classes is going to be tons of fun because it is a smaller group and I feel like I can really interact with each and every one of them. We couldn't go outside for recess so we played a heated game of Nerf basketball on Thursday. I may have had more fun than the kids did! Fingers crossed this year will continue to be a good one!
No comments:
Post a Comment