We are all gearing up for school to start again over here. I went all last week for inservice training and to get my room ready. I think I may have spent a total of 4 actual hours in my room, 3 of which came on Monday which was supposed to be our last day off, so I still have some things left to do. It is frustrating to be pulled in a hundred different directions when all I really want to do is get my room finished and plans complete. I guess this is the price I pay being the team leader, sub coordinator, and technology trainer! There is little time left for just me, especially now that we are starting yet another new gradebook program!
I am hoping that on Monday and Tuesday I can get some final things done and be ready for the kiddos to return on Wednesday. I do have to admit that they were pretty cute and full of nervous energy when I met many of them at our open house on Friday! The first few days are always pretty easy, but I always get worked up about it. The great thing about teaching for 10 years is that the planning is pretty much complete. I can write down a few bullet points, but other than that I know what I'll be doing from August to June.
It's a good thing that summer is coming to an end for Evan and Jessica as well. They may not want to go back to school, but they certainly need that structure back in their lives. I am over hearing about how bored they are and having to tote them all over creation for softball, work, friends, etc. This is the second weekend in a row that Jessica has had away tournaments. There is no way that we can make it to all of these games so we meet other team parents halfway for the trip there and back. The bad part about this is that we have to drop her off between 6:00-7:00 am and then wait for phone calls all day to see whether they win or lose and what time to meet to pick her up. Therefore, it is just about impossible to do anything during the day. In addition to her early mornings, Evan has to work from 5:00-10:45 on Saturdays, so we are up at the crack of dawn and then waiting up all night to pick up Evan from work and back up at the crack of dawn on Sunday to drop Jess off. Rich is in route now to drop Evan at a friend's house and then we'll have to pick him up at 8:00 from Youth Group. Never ending!
No comments:
Post a Comment