Friday, July 24, 2009

Update

Yesterday, Jennie came over for lunch at Mi Rancho and a trip to Target. It was great for me to get up and moving and out of the house. I felt so much better after being distracted for an afternoon! Rich has been working with Jerry on another roofing job since yesterday morning. I'm hoping they finish up tomorrow!

I saw Dr. Williams today since Dr. Bateman was in surgery. He did another US and after a few minutes was actually able to find the ectopic pregnancy in my left tube, just as suspected. Since I am still having pain on that side we are going to closely monitor how things go over the weekend and page the doctors if anything changes. As a precaution along with my hCG count, they did a blood type test just in case the tube ruptures and surgery is needed. I didn't know my blood type before, so it was news to me. My hCG has dropped to 637, which is good news. We are hoping the numbers continue to drop off quickly because I do not want to have any issues with our trip planned to Atlanta next weekend. I asked the doctor about the trip today and he said it is dependent on symptoms. I go back next Thursday for another US and bloodwork, so we'll know then. I'm hopeful that everything will have resolved itself by then.

On to more excitement in our household.....I thought at this time last week that our luck was turning around. We won the drawing at Grand, we were pregnant, and we were hoping to buy a winning lotto ticket:) Oh how things change, now we're in the midst of an ectopic pregnancy, the AC has a leak which was going to cost $675 to fix this evening (b/c of overtime) or $450 on Monday OR worst case scenario $900 if the coil has be replaced, AND Rich got a ticket for going 47 in a 35 on the road to our house...that'll only cost us $125! So, I've opted to sweat it out all weekend and hope for a bill of $450 on Monday. Nice, the weather just showed 90 degrees and sunny for tomorrow. I may have to sit on the concrete in the basement!

Thank you all for all of the nice phone calls, emails, etc. It means a lot to know that we have such great friends and family!

No comments: