Our niece, Hailey, stays at our house Saturday through Monday each week. We have truly enjoyed spending the last five months watching her grow up before our eyes. It's hard to believe that she will be a year old in October. I am getting very excited about planning her first birthday party. I found some cupcakes decorated like Schnauzers online and I'm contemplating trying to make them since Hailey's LOVES doggies. She can be in the middle of a complete meltdown and all we have to do is show her "Doggies-A Counting and Barking Book" by Sandra Boynton and she grins from ear to ear. She can sit and "read" this book for more than 30 minutes without getting bored....and don't dare try to take it from her if she's not finished! I think I may need to go out and buy some extra copies just in case one of the real doggies in the house get a hold of it!
Anyhow, in the book there are ten dogs and of course there is a "Maddie", "Dixie", "Tank", and "Jack" in the book....at least we like to pretend:) Each time we read together we point out "Jack" and "Dixie" in particular. This weekend after reading the book a few times together Hailey pointed to the big white fluffy dog and said "Jack"! It was all over after she got it down once....we continued to hear "Jack", "Jack", "Jack" and see that cute little chubby finger of hers pound on the picture for the rest of the weekend. We can't wait for the little monkey to come back on Saturday:)
As you can see below these siblings have a love-hate relationship:) HA She started it this time!
No comments:
Post a Comment