Friday, October 28, 2011

Intervals

Yesterday and today I trained hard, not long, with some intervals. 

Yesterday- 2.25 miles treadmill (6.5 speed...alternating 1 min at 6.0 incline, 1 min at .5 incline)

Today- 3.0 miles on treadmill (alternating 1 min at 7.0 speed, 1 min at 8.0 speed with .5 mile warm-up and cool down)

Yesterday I also did a heavy Back Workout.

Today I did a full body crossfit type of workout:
  • 3 sets/15 reps push-ups
  • 3 sets/10 reps pull-ups (wide grip with assistance)
  • 1 set/100 reps body weight squats on exercise ball
  • 1 set/100 reps body weight plie squats
  • 50 mountain climbers
  • Tons of ab work!
This week has been a tough one as far as meals go.  We've been eating lots of grilled chicken and steamed veggies, but that is about it until last night when we made sweet potato meatloaf again. Thank goodness I have that to eat for lunch because I was getting tired of chicken!

On another note, Jessica has moved back in with us and will be with us until next Wednesday at the Service Planning Meeting when we'll make a decision about where both kids should be. Without going into too many details it only took one week for things to fall apart, just as Rich and I had guessed.  I feel terrible for the kids, but I understand that this trial placement had to happen in order for social services to feel like their job was complete.  Now, we are back in limbo again until next week....  gotta love the stress!

No comments: