We just wrapped up our weather unit at school and we couldn't have timed it better. My students finished creating storm preparedness flyers last week, so they all knew what to do when we received a tornado warning yesterday. A few of them were still very freaked out, but our class discussion about what was going on in the atmosphere to create these strong t-storms and tornadoes was amazing. They showed me that they had been paying attention in class (not always the case!) and were able to apply what we learned. These are the times when I feel like I am making a difference!
The storms that passed through last night were crazy. I went ahead and got up at 3:30 am because it was just too loud and bright outside. My alarm was set for 4:45 am so I could go to the gym, so I guess I didn't lose too much sleep. Jessica was up at 4:00 am as well, but I think it was because she forgot to do her homework! Lucky for her, Augusta County had a 2-hour delay because of the storms. I, on the other hand, got some dishes done, went to the gym, and dropped the dogs off at the groomer before getting to work early for a meeting. It sounds like the weather is supposed to clear up this afternoon. I'm keeping my fingers crossed because running 68 track kids through the hallways is not my idea of fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment