Our journey raising teenage foster children and our toddler niece, fighting infertility, hitting the gym hard, and bleeding purple and gold....
Tuesday, April 5, 2011
No Football
Rich trained really hard to get ready for Spring Football at JMU. He lost about 30 lbs and is probably in the best shape he has ever been in, other than when training for a bodybuilding show. However, after all of his hard work, meetings with coaches, and passing the physical he was unable to walk-on due to his age. The coaching staff thought that it was okay at first otherwise they would not have encouraged him to try out. After a 3 hour meeting, it was determined that because he did not serve in the military and had previous credits at PVCC that he was not elligble. I know his heart was broken after working so hard. I think I am just as disappointed that he won't be on the field in the fall, but there is nothing that we can do to change the way things worked out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment