This morning I received an email entitled "Your Husband" from Rich's English 111 teacher. My first thought was "oh lord, I'm in trouble for helping him!" or "what did he do now??". I was pleasantly surprised with the following email that touched my heart and made me a proud wife.
Good morning, Mrs. Stokes,
I wanted to send you a brief message to say how blessed I am to teach Richard in my English 111 class at Blue Ridge. Not only is he a serious student who wants to be successful in his work and contribute in a meaningful way to the success of his classmates, but he is also a really thoughtful person.
Last night we left the building at the same time, but I had forgotten my coat and went back for it. When I came back outside, your husband was still in his truck on the parking lot. He called out to say he had waited until I came back out to make sure I didn't fall on the big patch of ice where the parking lot meets the sidewalk. Simple acts of kindness like that always touch my heart.
When your husband speaks of you and your teaching, his strong love and respect for you and for your work always shine through clearly just as his joy in his work as a substitute shines through clearly when he speaks of that. I'm sure he will be an asset to the full-time teaching profession once he completes his degree requirements.
Have a great day.
Sincerely,
Mrs. "Eng 111" Teacher (protecting her privacy)
1 comment:
What a nice email!
Post a Comment