Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Lose 10 lbs in 21 days...

...YEAH RIGHT!! So, as some of you know, I decided to start a diet yesterday that I read about in my favorite magazine, Oxygen. Rich and I went to the store on Sunday and stocked up on fruits and veggies so that I could follow the diet exactly as it said. I was on a roll yesterday eating 6 small meals (which is normal for me anyhow) until I was at my third and fourth job of the day tutoring. My head was pounding and I was ready to devour the library books around me. I had a feeling this would happen because I've been fueling up on McDonald's in between tutoring sessions and not eating nearly as clean as I used to. I just don't have the time or energy to prepare multiple meals before I leave the house. I also notice that the more stressed and tired I get the more I really don't care about what I am eating.

Soooo, after eating only 1,100 calories all day (which I could easily consume in one sitting at McDonalds!) I was about to lose my mind. Upon my return home at 9:00 pm, I grabbed the ice cream out of the freezer and made a float which I scarfed down like it was my last meal. I then proceeded to eat two pieces of pizza when Rich got home from class! Boy, did I feel better! After I got over the initial guilt, I came to the realization that it really doesn't matter that much. Reading the article in Oxygen again also helped. It stated that you should not try this diet until you have three low stress weeks....big mistake on my part for not reading the small print! From now on I'm going to focus on trying to get up and fit a workout in at the gym and eat clean when possible. It's just not feasible for me to get through the day without biting someone's head off if my stomach is nibbling at my backbone! Maybe I'll just go up a size in pants:)

1 comment:

Amy said...

First, this blog reminds me of the Hungry, Hungry Caterpillar!

Second, who in the hell has 3 low stress weeks in a row??????????