Thursday, March 19, 2009

4 ear infections and 1 long week

Hailey enjoyed going to Jack's 1st birthday party last weekend, even if he did act like the playground bully:) Just kidding, Amy! Jack was a riot eating his birthday cake. You'd think Amy doesn't feed the boy with the way that he stuffed the cake in his mouth! I could tell Hailey was starting to come down with something because she was getting fussy.

By Saturday evening she was not feeling well at all and ended up waking up several times that night. When I heard her rustling around Sunday morning I walked in to find a crib that was soaking wet from sweat and a leaky diaper. She was soaked from head to toe and was shivering...poor thing! I immediately put her in the tub to try to get her fever down, but she was miserable. Rich and I took her to the ER a couple hours later. I haven't had the joy of taking a child to the doctor yet and I have to say that I did NOT enjoy the holding down her arms part. She ended up with a double ear infection and I ended up with a migraine. Luckily, the tylenol with codeine helped her get some rest and she went home on Monday feeling a little better.

I, on the other hand, was just starting to get sick. The migraine finally went away, but then my throat started to hurt . I stayed home Monday after a rough weekend and a rough start to the week, but went back on Tuesday. That was probably a mistake because I was feeling even worse....ears and throat were throbbing. I canceled tutoring and went home for the evening, but again went back to school on Wednesday. Yesterday did me in..and I thought my ears might explode last night. I went to the doctor during planning period this morning and got the same diagnosis- double ear infection. I am beginning to think that I also have a sinus infection because it has moved to my head now. Hopefully these antibiotics will kick in soon!

No comments: