Of course after catching "Rex" I didn't know what to do, the SPCA was closed and so was animal control. We ended up taking "Rex" to the basement for some food, water, and some rest. I quickly made a "FOUND" poster and Rich and I drove around stapling them to telephone poles in surrounding neighborhoods. When it got dark, I realized we would have "Rex" for the night. Jessica gave him a bath, which he loved. It didn't take long to realize that he was an indoor dog. He refused to eat or sleep if someone was not in the room with him. Even worse, he began to bark once we went to bed! He barked until 3:00 am, when I decided that he must just be lonely. Rich put him in Evan's room and we didn't hear a peep. When we checked on him in the morning he was curled up in bed with Evan:)
Luckily, by 1:00 pm on Sunday, "Rex's" owner had seen one of the posters and gave us a call. He had not traveled far:) When she picked up "Micah" we found out that he is 11 years old, just as I had guessed, and was let outside by the kids who promptly forgot about him! Poor guy....or lucky guy, maybe? I think he had quite the short vacation!
No comments:
Post a Comment