Sunday, June 28, 2009

Roller Coasters and Cozy Coupes

("Watch out!")

Last week, during my oh so hard work at Odyssey, I took some time to browse on Craigslist. My time on Craigslist differs from week to week, but I try to jump on as much as possible so I don't miss out on any good deals. I ended up getting Hailey an "Up and Down Roller Coaster" and a "Cozy Coupe". Other than the tricycle that we got her a couple of months ago we didn't really have any big outdoor toys. We were able to test them out this weekend and both were a hit!
(Checking the gas tank)

Hailey knows she has to wear her "hat" (helmut) to ride the tricycle, so now she does the same for the roller coaster and car. As many times as she switches activities, she pretty much keeps the "hat" on all the time! It's pretty comical, but as long as safety is first we are good to go.

The roller coaster moves very quickly on the pavement so we moved it from the driveway that has a slight incline, but allows it to pick up too much speed, to the backyard, which is like a black diamond slope. The grass slows the ride down a bit, but just the fact that Hailey is over grass makes me feel better. She did take a face dive in the grass once this morning, but was right back up and on the saddle.

Here are some pics from our fun filled weekend!

(Doesn't look like much of a slope here, but just wait for the video!....Maddie is sunbathing!)

(Mythbusters and pups...every Sunday)
(Ready for some water)



(This was the only video that I could upload that didn't look to scary to post! The other options had Rich at the very bottom of the hill or me filming-- instead of catching the car! They are the kind that could go on AFV b/c Rich is screaming at me to catch the car and all you see is the camera bouncing and then me in the bushes!)



1 comment:

Amy said...

I love the picture of Maddie in the grass! What a trip!!!! She is like, "could you guys keep it down? I am trying to get in some shut eye!"