We finally got a good snow on this side of the mountain earlier in the week. I think that we got close to 5 inches! The dogs loved playing in it and I enjoyed a 2 hour delay (the other side of the mountain didn't get much). I tried to get some pictures of the dogs playing, but it was too dark outside. I'm still holding out for a big storm before the winter is over, but I do have to say that I enjoyed the temps in the 60's today.
Mike's birthday was Tuesday and mine was Thursday. We celebrated with lunch at Outback last weekend since we knew the week would be busy. I rescheduled tutoring so that I could have Thursday off and was able to make it to Mi Rancho with the crew. I do have to say that knowing the big 3-0 was coming put me in a pretty grumpy mood because of the normal "should have accomplished by now" thoughts.
However, this was one of the best birthdays! When I got to school I had balloons and cards hooked to my classroom door and the gifts, cards, and cakes kept coming all day long. Sarah made me a homemade coffee cake for breakfast and Leslie made some YUMMY chocolate cupcakes topped with fresh strawberries! I ended up eating 2 pieces of coffee cake and 4 cupcakes, only to then have churros at Mi Rancho.
Rich wasn't able to join us at Mi Rancho because of class, but he did make me another cake!! I think I have put on 5 lbs in one week! My family hooked me up with some great gifts as well. They must have coordinated them because I got a black down North Face vest, a hat, scarf, and shirt from my parents...and a new pair of North Face gloves from Mike. I could, well I basically do, live in comfy outerwear all the time!
We have another big birthday this week--Mimi!
No comments:
Post a Comment