Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

(Happy Valentine's Day from the Pups!)

Mike's friend, Jerry, moved in with us Super Bowl Sunday after his living arrangements did not work out in Chattanooga. It has been quite interesting to have two Huskies (Jack and Luna), our three pups, three grown men, and me living under the same roof. The dogs have finally learned to get along and we've "somewhat adjusted" to the increase in the household. What I am not used to is cooking for three men! Jerry had to go to the store to buy an additional pound of ground turkey and jar of sauce for me to make spaghetti on Sunday. It's a good thing that they are always up for running to the store to pick things up.


We celebrated Valentine's Day with the entire crew, including Hailey and Leslie and her two kids (Julia and Isaac). Rich and I thought that Leslie and Jerry may hit it off and so far it seems like we were right! Anyhow, we all went for a walk around the neighborhood with the pack of dogs and truly looked like an Animal Planet parade. The boys then went fishing at the lake before dinner. We went out for Chinese and then came back to the house for homemade strawberry shortcake that Leslie and Julia made. It was YUMMY! I don't know who had more fun-- Rich or Isaac-- once the boys went to the basement and came back with potato guns, radio controlled cars and planes, etc. Thank goodness I am blessed with patience, otherwise I may have lost my mind with five dogs chasing LOUD remote controlled cars and a house full of people and kids! Despite the chaos we really did have a great time and we're looking forward to seeing what happens with the love connection between Leslie and Jerry:)

No comments: