Literally. Just after sitting down for dinner with my parents at a local restaurant,
The Green Leaf Grill, I heard what sounded like a waitress dropping something from her tray, but was quickly corrected when I caught a ceiling tile to the right side of my jaw! Yep, this sucker dropped from the ceiling, ricocheted of a hanging plant, and landed on the side of my face. Everyone in the restaurant turned and stared as Rich and I picked up the piece of the tile and checked each other out in disbelief.
 |
| Mom's attempt at replaying the moment. Nice, huh? |
 |
| That is a pretty tall ceiling! |
Soon after, the owner came up and offered us half off our entire meal. This caused me to change my selection to crab cakes:) However, after ordering and getting over the shock of the whole ordeal, I looked at my new white JMU sweatshirt that was covered in dirt from my shoulder to my hand. Gross. Asbestos, anyone? The waitress brought out some water and towels so that I could get cleaned up. Hopefully it will all come out in the wash today.
Anyhow, our meal came and ended up being really good. My parents got pizza and Rich got the stuffed chicken. As we were finishing up the meal, the owner came back out and said that he still did not feel right about what happened and told us to order whatever else we wanted including beer and dessert and it would be on the house. Who can turn down that offer? We ended up with bananas foster, which was yummy as well. I was rather impressed with Chris, the owner. He hung around and chatted with us everything from how he got started in the restaurant business to the fact that the landlord has yet to replace these ceiling tiles! His attitude about the whole thing actually turned a terrible situation into a positive one. We will be returning as customers in the future not just because the food was good, but because he handled the situation so well.
 |
| Still had a great time! |
No comments:
Post a Comment