Saturday, December 24, 2011

Foster Care Christmas Party

Pardon the quality of the photo, but it is a picture of the picture that we received on our card when we left the party.   As I said last year, this party is always a special one.  It is always moving to look around at a banquet room full of foster families.  This year tons of little ones came into care, so Evan was one of only a handful of teenagers there.  Unfortunately, this doesn't mean that there isn't a need for foster families of teenagers.  In fact, the last time I checked our area STILL needs 40 foster families willing to take teenagers and sibling groups.  These kids are stuck in group homes until families are found....just terrible. 

On the other hand, how could you not want to take home one of the little guys?  Rich and I were both taken back by how many babies, toddlers, and kiddos under 8 were in the room.  I was ready to take them all home with me, but alas they already have great foster parents.  We will see what the future holds though! 

No comments: